New Moon’s Top 5 Most Anticipated Scenes
My choices are pretty much like what is noted below, what about you????
What five scenes in the New Moon book do you most want to see on the big screen? That’s the question we posed to a number of Twilight fansites. We bring you their responses below — in alphabetical order (just to be clear that we’re not picking favorites).
But we also want to know what you’re looking forward to seeing. Be sure to drop us a comment below, telling us your five most-anticipated New Moon scenes.
Warning: potential plot spoilers!
BellaandEdward.com (Jenny’s choices)
- The whole of chapter 3, ‘The End”
- Bella’s birthday party
- The meeting with the Volturi
- The face-off between the wolves and Laurent in Edward’s meadow
- Bella’s cliff diving at La Push
- The paper-cut scene — You could call this “the beginning of the end” for our favorite human-and-vampire couple. This scene is an essential part of the book — and the entire series, really. This is where Edward decides that he better leave to make Bella safe. Besides, who doesn’t want to see Jasper go all “blood-thirsty-vamp” on Bella?
- Bella, Jacob, and Mike at the movies — This is one of the lighter moments in the story. This scene provides some much-need comic relief after Bella’s comatose months. It’s nice to see Bella moving forward, and let’s face it, as much as we adore the pesky-but-adorable Mike Newton, him puking his poor little guts out will provide us with countless laughs.
- Bella’s cliff diving — This scene is important because it sets up the second part of the novel perfectly: It is extreme enough to allow Bella to make her statement without risking her life too much. It’s better than, say, her crashing her bike into a tree. Oh, and we also get a peek at some red hair while she’s under water…*coughvictoriacough*.
- Meeting Emily — While this scene is not one that usually comes to mind when thinking of New Moon, it’s vital for the development of the story. Sam and Emily’s story helps Bella understand what “soul mates” truly mean. While meeting Emily, Bella also realizes that the wolves aren’t as safe as she thought they were.
- Volterra — This is a given not only because it’s the part that starts to tie up New Moon, but it’s what sets up the sequels. Also, it’s one of the few times where Bella gets to be the heroine instead of the damsel-in-distress.
- The one everyone is waiting for, Bella jumping from a cliff (There have already been quite a few fan videos about this one!)
- The high-speed scene where Alice and Bella are rushing to save Edward in the stolen, yellow Porsche
- Laurent discovering Bella in the woods, and then the werewolves menacingly coming out of the forest
- A glimpse into Alice’s vision (flashback of the future?) of Edward walking out into the sun and everyone seeing him glow
- The large group of tourists being led into the Volturi feeding room and slowly realizing that they have walked into a trap
twilight20somethings.com (Liz’s choices)
- Bella’s birthday paper-cut scene
- Port Angelas/the first time Bella “hears” Edward
- The cliff diving
- When Bella wakes up after Italy and thinks it’s a dream, and then her epiphany
- The Volturi, especially Jane and her powers
- When Bella stops Edward from exposing himself in Volterra
- Meeting the Volturi
- When Edward leaves Bella
- When Bella jumps off the cliff
- Bella hallucinating hearing/seeing Edward